users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to build 3.1.2.2 from sources

From: Pawel Veselov <pawel.veselov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:15:41 -0800

Hi Romain,

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Romain Grécourt
<romain.grecourt_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> Le 02/11/13 03:15, Pawel Veselov a écrit :
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Qqqqqq <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not at my computer right now. I'm not 100% sure of the tag, not
>> branch,
>> Something like
>>
>> Tags/3.1.2.2-nodelete
>>
>> You have to build with Jdk 6 not 7
>> You need maven 2 not 3
>>

> Thank you.
>
> I tried, and I quickly run into problems of missing artifacts (I quoted
> maven output below).
> Is there a repository of packages that are needed for building a
> particular version? This is why I asked about the source bundle, since
> these dependencies change too often, and don't always offer archived
> versions...
>
> [INFO] Building Deployment Object Library
> [INFO] task-segment: [package]
> [INFO]
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/persistence/javax.persistence/2.0.4.v201112200901/javax.persistence-2.0.4.v201112200901.pom
> [INFO] Unable to find resource
> 'org.eclipse.persistence:javax.persistence:pom:2.0.4.v201112200901' in
> repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/persistence/javax.persistence/2.0.4.v201112200901/javax.persistence-2.0.4.v201112200901.jar
> [INFO] Unable to find resource
> 'org.eclipse.persistence:javax.persistence:jar:2.0.4.v201112200901' in
> repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Eclipselink artifacts are located in the eclipse.org repository.
> If using mirroring, you have to exclude it as documented here:
> https://wikis.oracle.com/display/GlassFish/FullBuildInstructions

That document pointer is really something I needed, thank you.

What was missing is registering the proper repository profiles, and using
that profile during build, that's written out at the bottom of that
instructions page. Using the profile will make Maven use correct repository
URLs, and the build finished up fine.

Thank you,
  Pawel.

[skipped]