users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What are GF requirements for creating JDBC connection ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 18:33:17 -0500 (CDT)

Irregardless of where I dropped ConnectorJ - in lib or in lib/ext or in both,
ping does not work for the same reason 'Class name is wrong or classpath is
not set'. The only logical hypothesis could be that I am not in the correct
domain directory. How can I determine for certain what is my domain directory
location? [quote=emailnbw]Actually it does mention these details. Take a look
at Chapter 12, there's a section on the steps needed to setup the Database
including how to install the driver. If you are new to Glassfish you will
find a lot if useful information in that document, skim over the table of
contents. -Noah Sent from my iPhone > On Oct 2, 2013, at 12:49 PM,
forums_at_java.net wrote: > > The document you've linked lacked important
specifics, such as where MySQL > .jar should reside. Yes, it mentioned that
.jar by name, and the [intuitive] > properties for it, but it did not solve
the problem. [quote=emailnbw]The > Oracle documentation is also helpful in
this regard. Please see Section 12 of > [1]. -Noah [1] -
https://glassfish.java.net/docs/4.0/administration-guide.pdf > On Oct 1,
2013, at 11:27 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote: > Please check these > articles: >
http://netbeans.dzone.com/connection-pooling-glassfish-nb > >
http://yp-javadev.blogspot.com/2013/07/resolved-ping-connection-pool-failed_19.html
> > Hope it helps. > > -- > > [Message sent by forum member 'kjbaxter'] > >

View Post: http://forums.java.net/node/899077 > >[/quote] > > -- > > [Message
sent by forum member 'ajeh'] > > View Post:
http://forums.java.net/node/899077 > >[/quote]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ajeh']