users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What are GF requirements for creating JDBC connection ...

From: Noah White <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 20:00:09 -0400

The domain name is part of the path. For example $GF_HOME/glassfish/domains/domain1 is the domain1 root.

$GF_HOME/glassfish/domains/foo would be the domain root to a domain named foo.

If you are working with the default domain, that is domain1, you would drop the driver JAR into $GF_HOME/glassfish/domains/domain1/lib and restart domain1 with asadmin like so:

$GF_HOME/glassfish/bin/asadmin restart-domain domain1

After the domain restarts you should try logging into the admin console to try your ping - you need to restart the domain after dropping the driver jar into the directory so it picks it up. If you are using the default domain1 the admin console will be on port 4848.

-Noah