users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re: What are GF requirements for creating JDBC connection ..

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:40:40 -0500 (CDT)

Thank you for considering me a complete idiot who does not understand that
database name, user and password have to be valid. This gives me ping error:
An error has occurred Ping Connection Pool failed for blanketBuilderDBPool.
Connection could not be allocated because: Access denied for user
'jdbcGF'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Please check the server.log for
more details. An error has occurred Ping Connection Pool failed for
blanketBuilderDBPool. Connection could not be allocated because: Access
denied for user 'jdbcGF'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Please check the
server.log for more details. Now if we connected with the same parameters on
the command line, they would work fine. $ mysql --host=10.10.10.2
--user=jdbcGF --password=jdbc Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with
; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 31234 Server version: 5.5.8 MySQL
Community Server (GPL) Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its
affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle
Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their
respective owners. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the
current input statement. mysql> use test Reading table information for
completion of table and column names You can turn off this feature to get a
quicker startup with -A Database changed mysql> select * from test.color;
+----------+----------+-----+-------+------+ | color_id | color | red | green
| blue | +----------+----------+-----+-------+------+ | 1 | White | 255 | 255
| 255 | | 2 | Yellow | 255 | 255 | 0 | | 3 | Pink | 250 | 105 | 180 | | 4 |
Red | 255 | 0 | 0 | +----------+----------+-----+-------+------+ 4 rows in
set (0.00 sec) mysql> So how does it sound now? [quote=emailnbw]It sounds
like your connection pool properties are misconfigured for your environment
or you haven't got MySQL setup correctly. Have you created the DB with the
correct user and password in MySQL prior to pinging it from the connection
pool? Can you access the DB using that user name and password from the mysql
cmd line tool from the mysql distro? If you can get that far check your
connection pool properties to make sure they are also in good shape. Those
are in the In the "Additional properties" tab of the JDBC Connection Pools
area in the admin GUI for your blankeyBuilderDBPool. Also, if you open
$GF_HOME/glassfish/domains1/domain1/config/domain.xml and find the with the
pool-name attr of your pool and the with the name attr of the associated
jdbc-resource and copy/paste them to the list and we can help verify your
settings. -Noah On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM, wrote: > New error: Ping
Connection Pool failed for blanketBuilderDBPool. Connection > could not be
allocated because: Access denied for user 'jdbcGB'@ > 'localhost' > (using
password: YES) Please check the server.log for more details. GF is >
appending @'localhost' to the user name and that fails the logins. What >
now? > > > -- > > [Message sent by forum member 'ajeh'] > > View Post:
http://forums.java.net/node/**899077 > > >[/quote]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ajeh']