users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What happened to --profile option for create-domain asadmin

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:18:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Tom, Thanks for your reply. But the create-domain subcommand in glassfish
4.0 requires a jar file if you want to use --template option. (I even checked
the source code. It's in CreateDomainCommand.java) According to the
documentation, inside this jar you are supposed to define your own template
class that implements the DomainInitializer interface. I am very surprised to
see this change from previous versions, because I feel a template file is
much easier to change than a class. I am also surprised to hear that this
DomainInitializer shouldn't be used any more because it just appeared in 4.0
documentation. But what the heck. (Sorry this is by no means towards you. I
very much appreciate your response. Just out of frustration. ) Now I just
need to get by this barrier. You mentioned unjar the default template. Do you
mean there is a java class in a jar file that is a template, or an xml file
in a jar that is a template? Even if I find it, how do I get by the
--template option if it requires a .jar file? Thanks again!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'heq']