users@glassfish.java.net

Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception

From: Wilkins, Brian <bwilkins_at_harris.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:11:31 +0000

I recently upgraded from Glassfish 3.1.2.2 to Glassfish 4.0 Community Edition. I never had this problem before but when my GWT app is first loaded by Firefox (CTRL+F5), it takes a really long time to load. I observed in the Glassfish 4.0 logs about a "Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception" -> java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException. Once I let the browser timeout, I load the page again and my application successfully loads.

I do not have a servlet named default in my GWT application. Also, I see a servlet named jsp in the Glassfish administration page. I do not have such servlets in my GWT application.

Any idea what is going on? I never had this problem before.

Thanks

Brian Wilkins