users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Beginner needs help. Unable to trace the source of Error

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:44:24 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for your kind response. I think its URL Format is correct:
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE" .This is what the wizard shows as the
JDBC URL.Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm little confused with the
default SID value i.e. XE. When I login to the sqlplus and execute the
command "show parameter instance_name" the value it returns is "orcl". I
tried doing the following,and either way the connection succeeded(I had to
unlock both the scott and system account before doing it): 1).Changed SID to
orcl --> username: scott --> password:***** --> Clicked "Test Connection".
!Connection Succeeded. 2).Changed SID to orcl --> username: system -->
password:***** --> Clicked "Test Connection". !Connection Succeeded. After I
clicked "Next" it showed SYSTEM as the selected schema(Though it showed a
drop down list of several schemas,I didn't change it). Clicked Next--> It
said"Override the default name for the connection..... Input Connection name:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl [system on Default schema] " Same
way,for scott it showed : "Input Connection name:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl [scott on Default schema]" Which schema
should I select from the drop down menu ?? Will overriding the default schema
cause any problem?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'asif_malick']