users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Authentication failed on administration console but ok ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:58:53 -0500 (CDT)

Unfortunately I can't really do much more than speculate without more data. I
would suspect that regenerating bundled certificates may have had something
to do with the error. There's no guarantee that this would work, but
something you *could* try is to test with a fresh keystore: (1) Download a
fresh copy of Glassfish (2) Set the user name and password the same as your
current copy (3) Copy the ".../domain1/config/keystore.jks" file from the
fresh installation into your current one (make sure you rename the old file
so you don't overwrite it and lose it!) If that works, then that's a pretty
strong confirmation that your keystore is broken. If it doesn't work, then we
still don't know! :-) (Do beware of doing this on any critical/production/etc
environment though, I'm assuming that this is your personal development
installation and if something breaks, then it isn't the end of the world!)
Mike Croft [url=http://www.c2b2.co.uk/support]C2B2 Expert Support[/url]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mcroft']