users@glassfish.java.net

Cassadra Data Stax core driver and Glassfish - Was: Experience with Easy-Cassandra in Glassfish?

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen_at_nordsc.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:39:44 +0200

On 02.08.2013, at 20:31, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen_at_nordsc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone used Cassandra together with Glassfish and can share experiences?

For the moment I have settled for this driver:

https://github.com/datastax/java-driver

One question regarding its use in Glassfish: The driver does its own thread management and connection pooling. AFAIU this is - going by the book - forbidden for Java EE applications.

Do you think I will run into problems due to conflicts between GF's thread management and the driver's?

Can you point me to some references where I could start digging into how to adjust the driver for compliant use in Java EE? At the moment I do not really have a clue where to start.

Jan