users@glassfish.java.net

Re: An error when perform "./asadmin start-domain domain1"

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:05:14 -0700

I don't have the context of what's going on here -- but if anything ever
goes wrong starting, the first step, always, is to run

asadmin start-domain --verbose

There are many things that can go wrong before the logging is
connected. With this option you will see everything.
On 8/30/13 6:02 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hi Chris, Could you post the few lines just before that one and the stack
> trace from the logs? My first thought on what might be happening is
> that the
> domain.xml is corrupted somehow. Whether that's the case or not, there
> is a
> element in a necessary XML configuration file which is either not
> there or
> not being found by the parser. How did you install Glassfish? If you
> want to
> try starting again from scratch, just to make sure everything happens
> correctly, you might want to use
> [url=http://blog.c2b2.co.uk/2013/06/getting-started-with-glassfish-4.html]this
>
> blog post[/url] by a colleague of mine which takes you through
> installing and
> using Glassfish 4 for the first time. I find that using the ZIP
> distribution
> is the easiest and most straightforward for me when I am creating a fresh
> environment. Mike Croft [url=http://www.c2b2.co.uk/support]C2B2 Expert
> Support[/url]
>
> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'mcroft']

---
All Generalizations are false.  Including this one.