users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to update a standalone instance using the pkg command?

From: Paul Davies <paul.m.davies_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:48:59 -0700

Hi,

The pkg(1) man page states:

    pkg(1) attempts to determine, based on its working directory, in
    what image it has been invoked. If no image metadata can be found
    in the parent directories, the invocation will fail.

The instruction in Step 2 of To Update an Installed Component
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24928/extending-updating.htm#ghhnc>
to change to the base installation directory for GlassFish Server is
provided to prevent invocation from failing.

Therefore, if you follow these instructions and run the pkg command on
the DAS host, I would expect the DAS image to be updated.

For deatiled information about the pkg command, see the set of reference
pages in the <as-install-parent>/pkg/man directory.|| The location of
these reference pages is also given in The |pkg| Command
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24928/extending-updating.htm#gkccp>
in Oracle GlassFish Server Administration Guide.

If you believe that more detailed information on this topic is required,
please file an RFE against the documentation.

Thanks!
-Paul Davies