users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Starting GF4+Derby from Apache Cargo

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 19:31:22 +0530

I don't know Cargo, but I don't understand what's the need for
additional dependency to be set. Embedded derby drivers are already part
of glassfish classpath, so all that's required actually is to
reconfigure the existing DerbyPool to use embedded driver instead of
network driver.

If Cargo supports you to provide additional glassfish commands to be
run, then I you can achieve this using asadmin commands. GlassFish
allows default resources to be reconfigured to fit user's need.

Having said that, I have always felt that GlassFish should either start
Derby as part of start-domain (just like WLS) or use embedded Derby to
make life of developers easier.

Thanks,
Sahoo