users@glassfish.java.net

Performance of GlassFish vs. Tomcat

From: Blake McBride <blake_at_arahant.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 13:05:16 -0500

I understand that GlassFish offers support for technologies that Tomcat
does not (EJB, I think, comes to mind). However, I am not using those
additional technologies, and that difference doesn't matter to me at this
time. Tomcat has been working well for me for several years now. The
reason I am interested in GlassFish is because, I believe, GlassFish scales
better, and perhaps easier, in large installations. So, my question is
this, is GlassFish better positioned to support large installations, such
as more than one physical computer, serving up a single URL?

Also, what other areas of GlassFish might be reason for me to switch?

Thanks.

Blake McBride