users@glassfish.java.net

Re: jax-ws and embedded glassfish

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 20:56:49 -0400

Gregor,

I did this previously by starting embedded glassfish then using the rest
services to check if the app was already deployed, and if not, deploy it
through the rest api. Worked like a charm initially, but I found that
sometimes, especially with non- graceful shutdowns, metro/jaxws wouldn't
initialize the endpoints with no errors being logged :( I couldn't make it
happen reliably, though, and I had to move on, so I added a check to ensure
the wsdl was accessible (http 200)... if not redeployed the app. Since I
couldn't reliably reproduce, didn't submit a ticket... Was hoping to get
back to debugging it. A dirty hack indeed, especially since I didn't fence
in any way.... But the way the application was used, it wasn't an issue.

Hope this helps.. And thanks for the reminder on reproducing the issue for
reporting...

Steve