users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring global transactions

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 05:39:53 -0600 (CST)

Hi, I'm trying to migrate one of our applications from Weblogic to Glassfish
with the intention of upgrading it from EJB 2.1 to EJB 3. I'm having problems
configuring global transactions for Oracle. In one part of the application,
we create an Entity bean and store it in the database, later on in the
transaction, we use a session bean to insert some data (the connection is
obtained from the same datasource that the Entity bean uses), but get a
foreign key constraint error because the operations don't appear to be part
of the same transaction. I've set up my data source as follows (also see
attached): Resource Type: javax.sql.DataSource Datasource Classname:
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource Non Transactional Connections: Disabled
Transaction Isolation: Default level Isolation Level: Guaranteed If anyone
can help shed some light on how I can get these transactions working I'd be
very grateful. Thanks Richard

--
[Message sent by forum member 'riksweeney']