users@glassfish.java.net

UndeclaredThrowableException returned instead of Exception (JMX in Glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:51:29 -0500 (CDT)

I have a standalone Java client that uses JMX to administer a server
application running inside the Glassfish container. Whenever the server
encounters an exception, it throws Exception which is returned to the client
via the proxy and handled appropriately by the client. This is how it worked
in Glassfish v2. When we switched to Glassfish v3, the Exception is now
wrapped inside an UndeclaredThrowableException and I have to parse that
exception to get the underlying cause. Could someone tell my why this changed
between v2 and v3 and how best to handle it?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'caddis16']