users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Use LDAP to authenticate to admin console

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:16:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, mgainty. Thanks for your response. I did as you said and the ldap server
ip and port did not show up. However, I can ping the IP, TELNET to the port,
and when I run the glassfish command "asadmin configure-ldap-for-admin" it
displays the message, "LDAP server at ____ is accessible". Plus, all of the
forumn posts I've found seem to think that the error message is caused by an
anonymous AD query to an AD server which does not accept anonymous
connections. Running the same command on with port 636 (the old LDAP port) in
place of 389 gives me the message, "LDAP server at ___ could not be
accessed....socket closed".

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Bob-LaBlah']