users@glassfish.java.net

Building an Android Application in a Glassfish instance problem

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 04:30:04 -0600 (CST)

Currently I am trying to build an Android app using ant on a Glassfish
server, this is to be part of a service to generate a customised Android
Application. My build.xml works perfectly fine when run locally outside of
glassfish but when running it within a glassfish instance I get a problem
where ant can't find a class (that is part of the Java Runtime):
C:\androidsdk\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:112: taskdef
A class needed by class com.android.ant.GetTypeTask cannot be found:
javax/xml/xpath/XPathExpressionException I made a stackoverflow question
about it a few weeks ago:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14627660/ant-cant-find-xpathexpressionexception-when-run-from-java-but-does-on-the-comma
I thought it may of been due to the android SDK libraries being external to
the server so I tried placing them in the lib folder of the domain to no
avail. The main piece of code that I am using is: File dir = new
File("C:\\AndroidAppSourceDirectory\\"); File buildFile = new File(dir,
"build.xml"); Project project = new Project();
project.setUserProperty("ant.file", buildFile.getAbsolutePath());
project.setBaseDir(dir); DefaultLogger consoleLogger = new DefaultLogger();
consoleLogger.setErrorPrintStream(System.err);
consoleLogger.setOutputPrintStream(System.out);
consoleLogger.setMessageOutputLevel(Project.MSG_INFO);
project.addBuildListener(consoleLogger); project.init(); ProjectHelper helper
= ProjectHelper.getProjectHelper(); project.addReference("ant.projectHelper",
helper); helper.parse(project, buildFile);
project.executeTarget(project.getDefaultTarget()); Any help would be
appreciated, thanks, Lyndon,

--
[Message sent by forum member 'LyndonArmitage']