users@glassfish.java.net

Strange JPA Errors

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:12:59 -0600 (CST)

Hello! I am currently migrating an application from JBossAS 7 to Glassfish
3.1. Thereby i come across some strange JPA errors, which i can't resolve by
myself. The problem is that every query where i use the UPPER function is
annotated with the following errors: 1. The identification variable 'UPPER'
cannot be a reserved word. 2. The identification variable 'UPPER' is not
defined in the FROM clause. Here is an example Query, where this error
occurs: SELECT m FROM RegisteredUser AS r INNER JOIN r.comments AS m WHERE
UPPER(r.nickname) LIKE UPPER(:nick) ORDER BY m.creationTime DESC If i replace
UPPER(:nick) by :nick the errors disappear. I don't know what to do,
especially since everything was accepted by JBossAs. I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance t_guen03

--
[Message sent by forum member 't_guen03']