users@glassfish.java.net

Deleting server logs causes GlassFish to hang - why? :(

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:29:26 -0600 (CST)

Hi, One of our clients uses GlassFish extensively and we have noticed an
issue lately when we try to delete cycled server logs; I believe they are
using GlassFish version 2.1. Every time we do any of these deletions, the
GlassFish server seems to hang; that is to say the application using it
ceases to function properly. The amount of logs vary on each machine but
there is are a number of gigabytes worth of logs on each server. I can't find
anything elsewhere on the internet regarding this and my client does not have
support with Oracle for GlassFish; has anyone else seen this sort of behavior
before? If so, is there a work around? Or perhaps this is a known bug?
Kindest regards, Ross Wilson

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ross.wilson']