users@glassfish.java.net

Unable to connect to MySQL in Glassfish 3.1.2.2 (build 5)

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:13:48 -0600 (CST)

Ping Connection Pool failed for mysqlpool. Class name is wrong or classpath
is not set for : com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource This is the
error I get with the Glassfish server shipped with NetBeans 7.3. I have the
driver (mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-bin.jar) in the C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.2.2\glassfish\domains\domain1\lib\ext. I have added this
to my classpath (in Environmantal Variables). I rebooted the machine after
making the changes. Same error message. Other Info: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
I have tried the driver (mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-bin.jar) in the
C:\Program Files\glassfish-3.1.2.2\glassfish\domains\domain1\lib\ location. I
have added this to my classpath (in Environmantal Variables). Followed by a
reboot. No connection, same error message. I AM able to create and connect
JavaDB connection pools without any problem.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bobparis']