users@glassfish.java.net

asadmin multimode question

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 13:16:48 -0500

I am sniffing around the edges of asadmin's multimode capability (where you
(for example) pass a file of asadmin subcommands and have them all
executed).

There is no facility for if/then tests--I get that; multimode is not a
scripting language.

So is there defined behavior for what happens when a command in the
multimode file fails? Does execution bomb out or keep going? I can (and
will) obviously try this but wanted to know what steps were taken (and
specified) in multimode processing to handle errors.

(I'm hoping that whatever specification is behind multimode processing
indicates that execution just keeps on marching and does not bomb out.)

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson