users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to sync DAS from remote instance in glassfish 3.1.2

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:07:40 -0800

On 1/5/13 11:38 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hi Forum : I have a cluster environment and in which 2 instances are on
> remote. When I try to sync the instances from remote using option --sync
> normal instance are able to start but fails to sync with DAS causing
> Application unavailable on machine . Below is the error message we got
> while
> start up . I have also checked the logs but nothing is found . Error
> message
> : Enter admin user name> admin Enter admin password for user "admin">
> Warning: Synchronization with DAS failed, continuing startup...
> Waiting for
> DELITEINS23 to start ........................... Successfully started the
> instance: xxxxxxxxxx Can any one help me to get this closed . Thanks
> Akash
>
> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'akashsdg']

The only way you can get that particular error is if a special
properties file doesn't exist:

${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/../agent/config/das.properties

The particular error you got is very unusual. It means that the above
file is gone. That file is the only way to know where the DAS host is.
If it isn't there then DAS and the instance can't communicate with each
other.

Look for that file. If it is gone that's your problem. You could try
just creating an instance and starting it. That should force the
das.properties file to get generated.