users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot start domain

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:33:50 -0600 (CST)

Hi, This is the same problem as quite a few people seem to have on here, and
i have previously posted a topic on the subject. When i try to start my
glassfish server it keeps saying this: toms-imac:bin tom$ asadmin
start-domain There is a process already using the admin port 4848 -- it
probably is another instance of a GlassFish server. Command start-domain
failed. My Computer name is Tom's iMac. When i open terminal and it starts
with Tom's-iMac glassfish will start but if it is in lower case like above or
it says null it will not and it will give me the error above. It varies
whenever i start my mac as to whether it is in capitals, lowercase or says
null. I had previously fiddled with the etc/hosts file after instruction from
people on here but that has not proved to be a long term fix. I am running it
on an iMac 10.8.2 and using glassfish3.1.2. Does anyone have any suggestions
as i really need it to reliably be up and working for me to do my work.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'wales321']