users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish very slow.

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:01:31 +0100

Hi;

> Hi! I changed from Tomcat to GlassFish. Tomcat worked in a normal speed, but
> GlassFish is very very slow. I tried to find a solution over many google
> searches, but I didn't find anything. Has anyone some informations for me?

Hmmm. First starting point, as far as I could tell, should be

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2431/index.html ;

this one provides a bunch of valuable information regarding getting more
performance out of Glassfish. If you didn't already, you really should dive
through this and see where it gets you.

That aside, I think helping you out here is difficult to impossible given the
information you provided, especially considering terms such as "normal speed"
or "very very slow" which are rather vague. When moving from tomcat to
Glassfish ages ago, I had a similar experience which (by then) was caused by
obviously my application blocking all the worker threads in the Glassfish
default configuration which drastically slowed down everything. It's really
hard to say without knowing more or having a look at your machine.

Maybe also of interest:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kalali/archive/2009/03/monitoring_glas.html

You can use VisualVM (which comes with the recent JDK versions) to have a
pretty deep look into a running Glassfish instance.

Good luck,
Kristian