users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error enable-secure-admin when admin-realm configured to ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:12:14 -0600 (CST)

Tim, I did get a chance to attach the debugger to capture the stacktrace
behind the NPE (which is slightly different than the prior stacktrace that I
posted from the server.log). From the stacktrace it seems like there's a
logic check to verify that the admin account(s) do not have an empty
password; however, I would think that this check should NOT be done if the
admin-realm uses LDAP? Here's the abbreviated stacktrac: Daemon Thread
(admin-thread-pool-4848(1)] (Suspended (exception NullPointerException))
SecureAdminHelperImpl.isAnyAdminUserWithoutPassword() line: 201
EnableSecureAdmninCommand.ensureNoAdminUsersWithEmptyPassword() line: 149
EnableSecureAdminCommand.run() line: 137
EnableSecureAdminCommand(SecureAdminCommand).execute(AdminCommandContext)
line: 891 CommandRunnerImpl$1.execute(AdminCommandContext) line: 348
CommandRunnerImpl.doCommand(CommandModel, AdminCommand, AdminCommandContext)
line: 363 ...more generic seemingly less important stacktrace

--
[Message sent by forum member 'javashawn']