users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP listeners stop responding

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 06:03:03 -0600 (CST)

Ok. We had Glassfish freeze again. It is possible that increasing the file
descriptor and handle limits helped to an extend, but ultimately only
postponed the issue. When Glassfish's listeners froze today, I ran netstat
before restarting Glassfish and again after restarting it. I have attached
the outputs to this message. I note that the netstat list before restarting
Glassfish is considerably longer than afterwards. A large portion of the
connections are to the machine's own address (Excel enables easy analytics of
the file), from ports 40060 up to 58614 and several to port "webcache". It
looks like Glassfish (or one of its application servers) opens up sockets
over time without closing them. I cannot conclude how one of our web services
could cause this. I hope that the netstat output provides clues to what might
be going on.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bernhardhaeussermann']