users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Service calls from/to OSGI WAB Hybrid applications have wron

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 19:32:56 -0600 (CST)

I didn't actually ask you to register EMF as a service in a separate bundle.
One should use the activator of the bundle containing JPA entities to
register the EMF as a service. Yes, it does introduce a harder dependency on
OSGi than using various OSGi headers to achieve the same, but I didn't think
it was a big issue. Extender is a very generic OSGi term, so one should not
care for what each extender does. Due to lack of time, I have not implemented
complete support for OSGi/JPA. If one strongly feels that OSGi/JPA solves
their key programming/architectural issues, there is nothing stopping one
from using Aries-JPA or eclipselink-osgi in GlassFish. Thanks, Sahoo

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ss141213']