users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Accessing an EJB in an ear from a war

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 06:39:54 -0600 (CST)

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply and pointing me in the right direction
regarding JNDI naming. However, I still don't understand why this behaviour
is occurring. I don't want the EJB to be redeployed as part of
VirtualWeb.war. I only include the TestEjb.jar in the VirtualWeb.war project
to get it to compile. I want the EJB to be deployed only once, as part of
TestEar.ear. Then I want to access that instance of the EJB (which should be
available at java:global/TestEar/TestEjb/Ejb1) from VirtualWeb.war. Is this
not quite a normal way of operating? I would think this is straight
forward...

--
[Message sent by forum member 'chris1234']