users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish domain won't start

From: Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:41:24 +0200

  Occasionally having localhost resolve is insufficient.
  Check what the 'hostname' command shows, and make sure it resolves.

  Typically one would make the host name resolve to a loopback
address, that is not localhost. For instance 127.0.1.1 is a common
choice, but any address, for any interface of the machine should do.
Assuming your machine's hostname is glassfish.internal.company.com I
would add the following to /etc/hosts:

127.0.1.1 glassfish glassfish.internal.company.com

  Please state your OS, OS version, Glassfish version and Java vendor/version.

  P.S. I also noted, that port 8080 is unavailable for the same reason.