users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish domain won't start

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:54:15 -0600 (CST)

Thank you for the reply. I've checked the ports with netstat, and I haven't
found anything that uses port 4848. I've also added the following lines to my
/etc/hosts, with no luck. 127.0.0.1 localhost 0.0.0.0 localhost I've also
tried checking the firewall rules, and found several that address Java SE,
but I'm not sure how to check if any of them is blocking port 4848.
[quote=forumguest]This is the culprit: The server can not start the listener
on port 4848. That's the administrative interface. There are really a number
of different reasons for that: some obvious, some obscure. - Check if there
is another application that has grabbed port 4848 - Check any firewall rules
- Check that the host name can be correctly resolved - Check that the
machine's IP is resolvable to its name The last two are normally fixed by
filling in the /etc/hosts. [/quote]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'vision810']