users@glassfish.java.net

Load balance use glassfish, apache and modjk

From: Thorsten Heuberger <T_Heuberger_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:45:35 +0100

Hello,

i´m currently working at a project for my university and read the article of Amy Roh (http://weblogs.java.net/blog/amyroh/archive/2012/02/15/running-glassfish-312-apache-http-server).

In my case there are three virtual machines in the same subnet and i could ping from every VM. Currently i installed at VM1 an apache http Server with mod_jk and want to use it as a load balancer, on VM2 and VM3 there are glassfish 3.1.2 already installed. How does it works with the network-listener or http-listener? is the option "--listener-address 0.0.0.0" correct in my case or do i need the ip address of the VM where instances are configured?

My target is to have VM1 as Load balancer and a cluster between VM2 and VM3.

I do some tests, a cluster works between the 2 VM´s and if i use 1 VM and configured like the articel of Amy Roh it also works with load balancing.

best regards

Thorsten