users@glassfish.java.net

create-jdbc-connection-pool : some unexpected behaviour

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:13:22 -0600 (CST)

Hello all, I am creating connection pool, command line is: asadmin
create-jdbc-connection-pool --restype javax.sql.XADataSource
--datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource --property
"user=:password=:url=" mypool I am getting the following output: JDBC
connection pool mypool created successfully. inst_0: JDBC connection pool
mypool created successfully. inst_1: JDBC connection pool mypool created
successfully. inst_3: JDBC connection pool mypool created successfully.
inst_4: JDBC connection pool mypool created successfully. Command
create-jdbc-connection-pool executed successfully. , where inst_0 ... inst_4
are all currently running instances within 2 different clusters. I want to
use the pool only for one cluster (inst_0 and inst_1). My question is: why
create-jdbc-connection-pool affects all instances and how? It looks like it
does configure all instances to use this connection pool. I did not find
anything in documentation. If someone could give me the reference to some
in-depth documentation on this I would really appreciate that. Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'andyh80']