users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP listeners stop responding

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:02:49 +0100

Hi:

[...]
> causes the web service clients to receive time out errors. When I check
> Glassfish's logs, I find the following error. HTTP transport error:
> java.net.SocketException: Too many open files Restarting Glassfish fixes
> this issue. Any ideas as to what might cause this behaviour and how it
> could be fixed?

Used to run into the same error message ("too many open files") which, in our
case, back them obviously was caused by indeed a load of files (jar
dependencies, local documents, scripts, ...) opened by our app. Increasing the
file limits on the local system reliably did cure this. Have a look at

http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/too-many-open-files
http://lj4newbies.blogspot.de/2007/04/too-many-open-files.html ,

maybe this might fix your issues too?

Cheers,