users@glassfish.java.net

Webstart fails with FileNotFoundException on ___system_s1as.jnlp

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 00:22:37 -0600 (CST)

G'day I'm trying to get my first application client to work under web start.
I'm getting the failure below on the client side -
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp.
I've tried one suggestion that I saw that was to undeploy the application,
clear out the java-web-start directory in the Glassfish directory for the
domain, redeploy the application, and try again. (I was expecting this to
force re-population of the directory but it is as empty now as it was when I
emptied it). Given that the missing file is a JNLP file I'm thinking that
what can't be found is the JNLP file sent by the server. I know this
downloaded correctly since I can see it my browser downloads window. Whether
it was put where it needs to go is another question. Any suggestions before I
raise a bug ? java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp at
sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor1.newInstance(Unknown Source) at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1491)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1485)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1139)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:230)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequestEX(BasicHttpRequest.java:67)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.isUpdateAvailable(DownloadEngine.java:977)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.isUpdateAvailable(DownloadEngine.java:882)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:1619)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCachedFile(DownloadEngine.java:661)
at
com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadExtensionsHelper(LaunchDownload.java:711)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadExtensions(LaunchDownload.java:654)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Launcher.java:707) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Launcher.java:597) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:336) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:208) at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:125) at
com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:451) at
com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:283) at
com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:116) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680) Caused by:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/___dyn/___system_s1as.jnlp at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1434)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:379) at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:191) ...
16 more

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ianblav']