users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 + Standalone client lookup session bean JNDI

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 06:48:12 -0600 (CST)

Hi I followed these instructions for a Tomcat 7 client and when I add
gf-client.jar to the Tomcat classpath, either via the script mentioned or
directly referenced in the GF 3.1 install directory, I get this Tomcat
startup error (and TC fails to start): 23-Nov-2012 13:08:17
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester startElement SEVERE: Begin event
threw exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) This is for a project which
worked fine under GF 5 albeit with EJB access from GF not Tomcat (moving to
TC for other reasons for web apps, but they also fail now to deploy to GF 3).
Is there anything wrong with using the standard Tomcat provider classes to do
this rather than bolting on the GF provider, e.g. as below ? I haven't been
able to get this to work, having said that, which is why I've been trying the
GF provider classes out, but no luck with those either as yet
jndiprops.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial","org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory");
jndiprops.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url","localhost:52464");
jndiprops.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.apache.catalina.util.naming");
jndiprops.setProperty("java.naming.factory.state","com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl");
jndiprops.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost");
jndiprops.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "52466"); where my
webservice wsdl is available on
http://localhost:52464/Clickvision/UserService?wsdl Note, I configured 52466
above since I have a line in my GF domain.xml under config for server-config
which shows this port but I tried this and 3700 and neither work for me

--
[Message sent by forum member 'richierich']