users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Memory Diagnostics

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 04:19:02 -0600 (CST)

Hi, This is with reference to issue which I'm facing on Glassfish. I have two
Glassfish instance having same configuration (Memory and GC) but I have
observed absurd behaviour on one of the instance. Instance 1: On this
instance GC working properly like when used memory reaches 2GB GC gets
triggered and used memory gets released (500MB) it starts rising
exponentially after 15 mins when used memory breached 2GB again GC gets
triggered which is normal behaviour. Instance 2: On this instance I have
observed some absurd behaviour like on this instance we have continuous GC
calls after GC triggered Used memory is released (500MB) then again within
minute duration Used memory reaches 2GB as here Used memory released and
abruptly gets raised which causes continuous GC calls because of which I’m
getting suspension in PurePaths response time. To trace issue I had trending
Snapshot on instance which I’m facing issue which is not helping me to
identify objects or classes consuming heap as whenever I have scheduled
trending snapshot for trending GC gets called in between because of which
used memory drops so I’m not able to identify objects. Both instance having
same configuration and versions also load is equally distributed over two
instance. Please find the attachment for better understanding.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'amol.qk']