users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish error - process already using port 4848

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:56:24 -0600 (CST)

I have searched for this problem and i have seen a number of topics. None of
which really helped me or gave me a clear answer. I am running glassfish on a
mac and this is the first time i have used it. I downloaded the .zip version
and moved the unzipped folder into my documents folder. I have navigated to
the glassfish3/bin and tried to execute the command asadmin start-domain This
gives me the error below. asadmin start-domain There is a process already
using the admin port 4848 -- it probably is another instance of a GlassFish
server. Command start-domain failed. If i just enter asadmin i get the
options to exit or get help, but when i try and start the domain i get the
above error message. Could some help me with a clear answr on how to resolve
this? Thank you

--
[Message sent by forum member 'wales321']