users@glassfish.java.net

Timer Creating "Active" Transactions

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 15:44:44 -0500 (CDT)

After much isolation trying to pin down a memory leak I've gotten to what may
be the root cause. We have the monitoring level set to HIGH for the
Transaction Service and are using 3.1.2.2. If I create a simple stateless
bean that contains a method with a @Schedule annotation: @Schedule(second =
"*", minute = "*", hour = "*", dayOfWeek = "*", dayOfMonth = "*", month =
"*", year = "*", info = "MasterScheduler") This will cause the Transaction
Service monitor to note an "active transaction" every time the timer is
invoked. Over the course of a day there's a noticeable memory leak and it
will eventually run out of memory. If we turn the monitoring level for the
Transaction Service to OFF it goes away. Can anyone shed some light on this?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'hapi']