users@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin subcommand question: where to locate its dependencies?

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:02:02 -0500

Hi Laird,

For a remote command in any recent version, both the command and its
dependencies go into glassfish/modules.
For a local command, the subcommand goes into the glassfish/lib/asadmin
directory. The dependencies can go there too, or if the dependencies are
used by the server too, they can go in glassfish/modules. For a local
command, since the subcommand JAR is not loaded as an OSGi module, the
classpath entry in the manifest must have references to the dependencies.

Tom