users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What causes GRIZZLY to flood the Glassfish-Log with messages

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 04:39:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Alexey, sorry for the long time without any response of me. (I was in
vacation for the last two weeks :-) ) So what has happend since my last
response ... (1) We checked our source code again and implemented some little
modifications in the two critical servlet algorithms, so that we can be sure
that every servlett ends with an 'response.flushBuffer();' (2) After the
modification we updated the productive systems and for one week it seems to
be the solution. The server works without any problems. (See attached picture
of the CPU load graph for week 37) (3) During this time i patched my local
glassfish in the netbeans environment. It works without any problems. (4)
Unfortunatly on week 38 the productive systems raises the same problems as
mentioned before. In week 39 we had to stop the glassfish manually, because
it was unavailable for the regular http-requests. Actually the system has
again 3 http-thread-pool threads which seems to stuck in an infinite loop. In
my next step i do upload your patch to the productive systems and restart
them manually. I think it will take some time (at least 2weeks) to get you
some more feedback if it solves our issues or not. Do you need some more
informations about our source code to understand the big picture? Do you have
any suggestions what we can do or check in our source code to react on those
bad threads? Thanks in advance, Gerhard

--
[Message sent by forum member 'GrhrdBlmln']

CPU_load.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: CPU_load.jpg)