users@glassfish.java.net

Too many open files issue

From: John Lister <john.lister_at_kickstone.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:03:08 +0100

Hi, I've just upgraded to 3.1.2.2 from 3.1 and I'm now experiencing a
problem (especially with the admin console). I started getting a "too
many open files" exception on many operations. A quick look at the open
files shows over 4500 transaction extent files open. Restarting
glassfish doesn't clear these up, only physically deleting them when
glassfish is stopped.

Is this normal? It strikes me that these should be temporary files and
closed reasonably quickly. Any idea where to look to see what is causing
this? The server runs mainly a number of web apps which are based around
JSR using EJBs and CDI beans.

Thanks

John