users@glassfish.java.net

JTS automatic retry transaction on connection failure

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 11:58:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, Every once in a while, some connectivity issues occur when one
instance of MySQL server is removed from the load balancer (ETL requirements,
to make the apps see the updated data) and we see some a lot of stacktraces
in the logs that end up with a javax.transaction.SystemException:
org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: JTS5031: Exception [org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: vmcid:
0x0 minor code: 0 completed: Maybe] on Resource [rollback] operation. vmcid:
0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No The MySQL documentation indicates this: "The
two SQL states that are 'retry-able' are 08S01 for a communications error,
and 40001 for deadlock." What I would like to know if it's there a way to
make GlassFish automatically retry the current transaction, using a new
connection from the pool. I wouldn't want to have to modify all the current
code to do that... I think I found something regarding WebLogic, but now I
can't find that reference anymore...

--
[Message sent by forum member 'umbra']