users@glassfish.java.net

Re: thread name in log messages?

From: Bobby Bissett <bbissett_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:16:35 -0400

Since I hadn't heard any more information on this topic, I did some
testing with GF 2.1.1 and see that it is a bug in 3.1.1. In my
testing, using the servlet in the first email, I see that the thread
name is only wrong in the log file, not in the terminal output when
using 'asadmin start-domain --verbose':

Went to file an issue and see that there's already one filed,
presumably fixed, but still open:
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-15350

Am now following the issue. It'd be great if I could somehow get a
patch for this for a 3.1.2.2 server, as right now the log files aren't
useful compared to jstack output (our workaround is to output the

Thanks,
Bobby