users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with JNLP file generation

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:05:57 -0500 (CDT)

I have an application client compiled under Java 7. When I run it from
GlassFish, the JNLP file specifies Java version "1.6+", which causes Java 6
to be loaded to run the client. This naturally fails because of the class
file version, so I wanted to override the JNLP and specify the proper Java
version. (Disabling JRE 6 in the Java Control Panel applet didn't work as it
just got re-enabled by the Java environment. I don't know why that checkbox
is even there.) After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I was able to find
enough on the web to create the following JNLP fragment: <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?> I then created glassfish-application-client.xml: <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> custom.jnlp However, the generated JNLP file
didn't replace the "java" tag; it duplicated it: --> This is clearly a bug
and I can't find any way around it. Does anyone know how to change the
default version of Java that the GlassFish server writes to JNLP files?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kdeanddd']