users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1.2 reorder wadl

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:25:55 -0500 (CDT)

I am currently using Glassfish to host a bunch of RESTful Web Services.
Glassfish is very helpful and generates a wadl for me. The problem that I'm
having is the wadl it generates puts all the resources in a random order. Our
wonderful QA folks (and us developers) use SoapUI to consume the wadl and
manually call the web serivices for testing purposes. This process has become
frustrating because it is hard to find the web service we want to call
because it is not alphabetized. To make it worse every time we add or change
a web service we have to re import the wadl into SoapUI which changes the
order of the web services. We also have a team that consumes our services
that get a headache every time we redeploy and they have to navigate the wadl
to get the new web service. I have done a lot of digging and have not found a
configuration file or property that will tell glassfish to order the wadl
before publishing it. The solution that I came up with is to use JAXB to
convert the wadl to Java objects, reorder the Java objects, then convert it
back to Java. What all of this boils down to, is there a way to get Glassfish
3.1 to reorder the wadl to be in alphabetical order?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'skeet625']