users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.0.1 keeps running old app version after deploying new version

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 05:47:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, we are using Glassfish 3.0.1 open source edition to serve some .WAR web
services. We had a bug on a previous version of one of the .WAR web services
that caused a null pointer exception on a given line of the source code. We
have fixed the bug in the last version of our .WAR web service, so the line
numbers in new and old source code files do not match anymore. We undeployed
the previous version and deployed the new one. Oddly, the application still
returns the same exception at the same line of the source code. It looks like
the application is still running the previous WAR file. Tried to restart
Glassfish service, to shutdown and restart the server, but nothing worked. We
have even tried to restore older versions that still did not have the bug,
but the exception is launched again and again, always at the same line.
Glassfish monitoring is enabled, but there is no error logged at all. Any
ideas? Thanks a lot in advance, jalons

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jalons']