users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSL Client Certificate Error with v3 but not v2 using LDAPS

From: Kevin Schmidt <ktschmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:09:03 -0700

Quang,

Thanks for the responses.

Per your earlier question, yes, I am
using com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory. And I am checking with the LDAP
server administrator on its configuration.

But what you just sent reminded me of something else different in the SSL
debug output. I am running GlassFish on AIX and so using the IBM JRE.
 Using GlassFish v2 there is a line:

ClientHandshaker: KeyManager com.ibm.jsse2.wc

While on GlassFish v3 it is:

ClientHandshaker: KeyManager com.sun.enterprise.security.ssl.J2EEKeyManager

I'm guessing this difference in the key manager being used could be the
reason for the different behavior? Is it the case that v2 uses the JVM's
default key manager (com.ibm.jsse2.wc) but v3 specifies a specific/custom
one (com.sun.enterprise.security.ssl.J2EEKeyManager)? Is there a way to
get v3 to use the default/IBM one?

Thanks,

Kevin