users@glassfish.java.net

Web Service Client in Eclipse with GlassFish 3.1 and Apache Axis2

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:45:27 -0500 (CDT)

I've developed a web service in Eclipse that I am running on GlassFish 3.1.
Everything works fine. I then created a simple client in Eclipse to invoke
the service. I created a Java project and then did New->Other->Web Service
Client and followed the prompts. Unfortunately, I found a bug in the Apache
Axis 1.4 version that comes with the Java EE version of Eclipse that is
preventing the service from working properly. As such, I need to update to
Axis2. If I try to create a new Web Service Client in the same manner after
updating, I am prompted for the server runtime and the web service runtime by
Eclipse (see attached picture). I would like to select GlassFish 3.1 for the
server runtime and Apache Axis2 for the web service runtime. Unfortunately,
when I do I get the error “The Apache Axis2 Web service runtime in
GlassFish 3.1 does not support the client project.” Does anyone know a way
around this? Thank you very much for your assistance.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mihok']

Web_Service_Error.png
(image/png attachment: Web_Service_Error.png)