users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Flushing Connection Pool

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 14:08:20 -0400

JPA isn't replaced by JTA...it's hard to speculate what your developers are
saying given the different integration approaches that can be done
with JPA/JTA/EE...(ie perhaps they're now using an extended JTA solution,
perhaps they simply changed some JPA handing from container managed to bean
managed, perhaps they mean the switch from JPA to JDBC and are explicitly
handling the JTA themselves, etc etc).

Have you been successful in deploying this application in a non-clustered
setup? (I ask, because it seems you might not have and removing some
complexity may help diagnose the problems). The application shouldn't
depend on the cluster (decoupled from the platform), so you should be able
to deploy it to a simple single-domain setup. I would suggest trying it on
there...and if you don't have any luck, post the exceptions you find in the
server.log so we can figure out what is going on.

Regards,